1. A signed and completed Visa Application Form;
2. A passport valid for at least six (6) months from last day of intended stay in Sierra Leone;
3. A photocopy of the first page of the applicant’s passport;
4. A photocopy of a valid residency document: (for example: a Swiss Permit or a Legitimation card / Carte de legitimation);
5. Two (2) recent (3months or less) coloured passport-size photographs with a light background;
6. Hotel reservation for the duration of your stay or a letter of invitation if staying with someone in Sierra Leone;
7. The original version of letter from the employer stating applicant’s position purpose of travel and signature (for business visas);
8. A copy of the applicant’s travel itinerary (flight reservation or other);
9. Submission of self-addressed registered envelope (6.30 CHF), in case the passport should be returned by post to the visa applicant;
10. A copy of certificate of vaccination against yellow fever. The yellow fever vaccine has a 10-year expiry date from the date which the vaccine becomes valid;
11. Evidence of funds or bank statement for the duration of your stay in Sierra Leone;
12. Proof of payment from your bank: Please ensure that your bank provides you with a receipt which you should attach to your visa application form;
13. Visa fee; please see the Fee section attached herewith for prices and payment instructions.
Payment should be made directly to the Embassy of Sierra Leone’s bank account – as provided below.
Please note that the standard application for visa takes three working days from date of receipt of hard copy of the application and the validity of visa starts from the date of issuance and not from the date of travel.
The Embassy of Sierra Leone in Geneva offers the possibility to obtain an express visa service if the applicant needs to get a visa issued within 24 hours and charges an added fee of CHF 100 per application, over and above the normal visa fees fixed by the Embassy of Sierra Leone for travel emergencies only. Alternatively, CHF 50 is charged if the applicant wishes to get a visa within two working days for travel emergencies only.
In order to obtain an express visa kindly follow the normal procedure (point 1 to 11). In addition to the said requirements, all express visa (CHF 100 or CHF 50) are payable in cash to the Visa Section upon depositing your visa request.